Piano, Rudiments, Recorder
53 Pleasant St.
Wolfville NS B4P 1M9
Marilyn is a parent of 4 grown daughters (three are musicians) and grandparent of two teenagers. After working as a sociologist, regional planner and social researcher for many years Marilyn returned to teaching in 1990. Her studio specializes in piano lessons, but she also teaches recorder, rudiments and beginners in voice. She prepares students who wish it for piano examinations through Acadia University or the Royal Conservatory of Music. She taught Kindermusik® classes from 2001 to 2011. She has worked as an accompanist and associate director for musical theatre productions by youth in Wolfville. She has been actively involved in the Annapolis Valley Music Festival for many years, variously as a parent, board member, teacher, performer, volunteer and accompanist. Marilyn has been enthusiastically teaching Rebekah Maxner’s Notekidds Program to beginning piano students since 2005, and highly recommends it to other teachers looking for sound pedagogy and lots of interesting beginner music.
- 2001 – completed Kindermusik International licensed educator training
- 1991 – Bachelor of Music Education, Acadia University (studied piano for 8 years with Prof. Janice Stephens at Acadia University)
- 1991 – awarded Acadia University Medal in Music
- 1972 – Master of Arts, McGill University
- 1970 – Bachelor of Arts, McGill University
Other professional qualifications:
- Nova Scotia Teacher’s License
- Member of the Nova Scotia Registered Music Teacher’s Association
- President, Valley Chapter Registered Music Teachers Association